Conference Assistant - Summer Placement
The Oxford Analytica Conference: Global Horizons 2018 will take place from 19-21 September at Christ Church, Oxford, UK. It is an annual event attended by up to 200 Senior Executives from over 30 countries worldwide.
Over a 3-day programme, participants will attend a number of sessions in various formats led by senior experts from Oxford Analytica’s global network. The conference closes with a black-tie dinner at Blenheim Palace.
We require two assistants over the summer months to help with the organisation of this unique three-day event, with individual responsibilities and an assigned job role.
For further details regarding the conference https://globalhorizons.oxan.com/2018/
Overview of Role
On a day-to-day basis, the Conference Assistants will predominantly be required to support the events team with preparation and planning for the firm’s annual international conference, Global Horizons 2018. The roles will focus on (but not limited to) the co-ordination of the conference speakers, experts and delegates. A high level of administrative work will be required. Therefore, strong computer skills, excellent written English, great organisational skills and a keen eye for detail will all be essential.
The roles are varied with the opportunity to work in a commercial environment, whilst developing logistical skills and stakeholder management experience (building relationships with clients, speakers, suppliers, colleagues).
Skills and Knowledge Required
* Excellent organisation skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Excellent written and spoken English skills
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Confident telephone manner
* Flexible work attitude - long working hours may be required close to the event
* Team player who works well under pressure
* Meets any required visa regulations and must be able to legally work in the UK
* Relevant work experience and an understanding of event management is highly desirable
* Experience in a client facing role desirable
* The fixed term contract period will be approximately from 16th July to 28th September 2018, with some flexibility. Exact dates will be finalised nearer to the time.
* Working hours: 9.30am-5.30pm (will increase closer to the conference) with 1 hour for lunch.
What we offer in return:
* This is a paid summer placement – details to be discussed with shortlisted candidates
* Minimum 35 hours per week with increased hours in the build-up to the conference
* Accommodation and food during the conference itself
* Opportunity to work with academics from top universities and/or participants from major international corporate and financial institutions as well as governments
* An opportunity to learn about Oxford Analytica