Analysis Rapporteur/Production Editor
Oxford Analytica is seeking to add to its cadre of part-time Analysis Rapporteurs/Production Editors.
The position would likely suit postgraduate students or suchlike with an interest in world affairs looking for work in Oxford on two or more mornings per week.
Hours would be from 7.45am to approximately 11.45am for responsibilities relating to the Analysis team’s morning conference and from 12.15pm to approximately 1.45pm for production of its Daily Brief publication. Some flexibility would be required to undertake ad hoc work at other times and cover possible absences.
It may be possible to undertake Analysis Rapporteur and Production Editor duties on separate days.
Work as Analysis Rapporteur includes:
- setting up the morning conference, which typically involves around 15 staff analysts and university dons;
- taking notes of the discussion, which lasts one hour from 8.30am, and clearing up after the meeting; and
- producing an edited and approved set of minutes for distribution that morning.
Work as Production Editor includes:
- supporting analysts using our custom publication tools;
- ensuring successful distribution of the Daily Brief to clients over the web, email and other media; and
- creating and distributing other forms of content such as weekly emails and occasional conference call transcripts.
There may be opportunities to contribute analytical content.
Successful candidates are likely to have:
- an aptitude for summarising wide-ranging conversations about international affairs into accurate minutes;
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English; and
- high levels of integrity and initiative.
The position pays a stipend of £9 per hour, comes with complementary access to our Daily Brief subscription service for the duration of the role and offers an introduction to the work of a fast-paced and forward-looking geopolitical and macroeconomic risk firm.
Candidates should have the right to work at least part-time in the United Kingdom and will ideally be ready to start in early March.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter.