Oxford Analytica is seeking to add to its cadre of part-time Rapporteurs to join our Analysis team for our daily morning conference.
The position would likely suit post-graduate students or similar with an interest in world affairs looking for a regular four hours of work in Oxford on two or more mornings a week.
Hours would be from 7.45am to approximately 11.45am, and we are currently looking for cover on any two days, with some flexibility to cover possible absence during the rest of the week and ad hoc work as required.
The regular work involves:
- setting up the morning meeting, which typically involves around 15 staff analysts and university dons;
- taking a note of the discussion, which lasts an hour from 8.30am;
- clearing up after the meeting; and
- producing a final, edited and approved set of minutes for distribution that morning.
There is also some administration of the attendees’ roster, as well as opportunities to support the content functions of the Analysis team.
Successful candidates are likely to have:
- an aptitude for summarising a wide-ranging conversation about international affairs into accurate minutes;
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- high levels of integrity and initiative; and
- an abiding interest in world affairs.
The position pays a stipend of £9 per hour, comes with complementary access to our Oxford Analytica Daily Brief subscription service for the duration of the role and offers an introduction to the work of a fast-paced and forward-looking geopolitical and macroeconomic risk firm.
On completion of your work at Oxford Analytica, the firm will also provide you with a letter of reference, should one be required.
Candidates should have the right to work at least part-time in the United Kingdom.